- Examining the role of manuscript and printed books in the visual culture of Venice from the fourteenth through sixteenth centuries.
- Addressing the formulation of civic identity in Venetian manuscript illumination.
Alternative Email: email@example.com
Keywords: Twentieth-Century Literature, narrative theory, film, rhetoric
- To explore and explain narrative techniques in twentieth-century literature.
- To explore and explain techniques of film interpretation.
- To explore and explain the relationship between rhetoric and grammar in literature and film.
Office: CPR 320
Keywords: Fiction and nonfiction writing
- Writing seventh piece of full-length fiction
- Writing personal essays
Fraser Ottanelli – Certificate Program Coordinator
Office: SOC 271
Keywords: post-1865 US history, U.S. radicalism, immigration to the U.S., U.S. ethnicity, U.S. labor, U.S. 1900-1945, the Great Depression, Italian migration, Communism, Fascism, 20th century Italy
- To study the intricate connections that link the experiences of migration, international class solidarity, multi-ethnic labor organizations, and the development of national and ethnic identities.
Office: SOC 291
Keywords: Renaissance and early modern Italy, European legal and social culture, gender
- To recognize how the ostensibly powerless produced history by analyzing legal texts.
- To better understand the origins and development of Soviet identity and citizenship.
- To understand how (in 16th-17th centuries Italy) a government institution dispensed justice and how, in the process, created new forms of control and domination along gender and class lines.
- To understand the process through which notions of family and state were refashioned during state building in 16th-18th century Italy.
Office: SOC 213
Office: SOC 267
Office: CPR 107
Mailpoint: CPR 107
Keywords: Italian Renaissance, gender, spirituality, maternity, childbirth, breastfeeding, the body, women writers, virginity, Moderata Fonte, Petrarchism
- To produce a scholarly monograph treating the representation of the body of the Virgin Mary in literature visual art of the Renaissance and Baroque periods
To produce a monograph (under advance contract with the Modern Language Association) entitled Teaching Women Writers of the Renaissance.
Office: CPR 419
Mail Point: CPR 107
Keywords: Keywords: Greek, Greek culture and mythology, Latin, philosophy of the ancients, Greek tragedian Aeschylus
Office: CPR 0419
Mailpoint: CPR 419
Keywords: Italian Literature, Comparative Literature, cinema, the interconnections between cinema and literature, popular culture of Naples in a global context
- Italian and European film
- Cultural Studies
- Popular Culture
- The “Italian Southern Question”
- The Italian American Diaspora
Joanne Frallicciardi Lyons
Office: CPR 441